Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My husband agreed to pay for our divorce b/c he plans to remarry but the summons I received states that I (respondant) should pay for all court and attorney fees. What should I do?

Asked on 6/20/13, 2:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Consult directly with a family law attorney in your area ASAP. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation. You were wise to seek general advice based upon the general facts you could provide here. But, since you have been served, the smart thing might be to get advice specific to the particular facts of your situation. Gather your documents, and meet with an attorney so you can formulate your Response to what was served upon you.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 3:22 pm

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

The above answer is excellent. Be sure to consult with and hire an attorney as soon as possible. You have only thirty days from the date you were served to file a response in Court. Depending upon where you are located, I might be able to offer my services for a very reasonable fee. Please contact me directly at 314-727-2822.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 6:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri