Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Hello I have been married for seven years and not with her for most of it. I have been trying to get a divorce with no luck. My spouse lives in Hannibal, Mo and I have since moved to St. Louis, Mo. Her attorney is here and at one point she filed herself. I went and read everything and signed the papers. There are no children and no property. Where we left off I believe she just needed to sign some documents. Since then I haven't heard from her or her lawyer. I have tried contacting him several times with no response. I finally located her the only way I knew how (Facebook) and asked her to please contact her lawyer. No response there either. What do I need to do next? I'm anxious to be done with this. Thank you.

Asked on 8/16/13, 7:57 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It sounds like you have done all you can by yourself. You need to consult direclty with a family law attorney, in your area, to go over the particular facts of your case. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultaiton. Gather all your documents and go see one.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/16/13, 11:08 am

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You needed to hire an attorney to represent you from the very beginning. Perhaps it is not too late.

Read more
Answered on 8/18/13, 7:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri