Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am a mother. My husband and i got divorced. I had an 10yr order of protection put against him. I'm the protection order he got supervised visitationith his daughter. Then when the divorce was final he lost visitation but he can petition the court to reinstate them. A few months went by and he hadn't done that and I took our child to go see him at his home in Missouri. Someone called the child hotline on us and now the state has custody of our child. Neither him nor I have charges or pending charges against us for child neglect or abuse. Is there any way we can fight to get her back. Since there are no charges being filed? To me I would think that if there were no charges then there wouldn't be a Case.

Asked on 2/21/18, 12:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

Meet with an attorney experienced in family and juvenile law.

Read more
Answered on 2/22/18, 12:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri