Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am paying child support for c child that is living with me for the past 4 years. I have filed 3 modification petitions. The court found sufficient grounds to impose a temporary order and set a date for appearance. My appearance is done by phone since I liv in another state. I was unable to be on the call that day so the court has reordered the garnishment of my wages and also added more to it. What can Ido to put an immediate stop to this and also since I filed my first petition 3 years ago how do I go about recouping all that to me was illegally collected by the other party to the order. Can I sue to get my money refunded to me

Asked on 10/31/13, 1:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Do you have an an attorney? If not, you should hire one. Obviously, you should have had the child support terminated a long time ago, but it may not be too late. An attorney may be able to get the garnishment quashed and the support Order terminated. And, yes you could sue for the child support paid from thirty days after the child moved in with you under certain circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/13, 3:31 pm

Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

You have to have an experiences family law attorney and you have to make all court appearances.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/13, 12:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri