Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I recently received a letter from the State Of Missouri Family Support Payment Center saying that I owe 35,000 dollars for back child support. I called them and explained that they must have made a mistake because I should only owe 11,276.63. The Family Support Payment Center explained that the amount had been changed last month 2/2019. I believe in 2011 I requested a modification and my child support was changed to 250 dollars a month. They are saying that this modification was not legal and they changed my arrears to reflect 800 dollars a month all the way back to 2011. I want to know legally what should be my next actions?

Asked on 3/12/19, 6:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You should consult with and hire an attorney. If you are within the geographical area in which I practice, I may be able to help you myself. I have been handling such matters for over 40 years. Please feel free to contact me at 314-727-2822 for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/19, 12:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri