Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My ex wife and I have 2 children together. They are 2 and 5 years old and are both female. She has her boyfriend living with her now who is in the process of going to court for child molestaion. If it helps, his name is Joey Thornburg and the case in in Bates County, MO 27th judicial precinct. My question is, is there anything I can do to take my kids? We have 50/50 legal and physical custody with her address as primary. in other words I pay her child support...

Asked on 8/12/13, 7:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You have at least two options. You can file for immediate change of custody (preferable) or keep the kids after your next visit. You need to consult directly with a family law attorney uh your area. These matters are very fact dependent. One if these options may not be feasible in your situation, or you may have better options.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 12:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri