Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

Is it worth my while to take my ex-husband back to court for child support if I'm sure he's getting paid cash under the table?

Asked on 8/09/11, 2:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you have standing order for support, you may garnsih teh employer. even if they are paying fudns outside the normal tax structure, they may be hesitent to ignore a wage garnishment as yrou ex may be able to tesify agsint them if they pay him without ansering to you. (in that case, the employer could be made to pay all of the arearage owed, even if he earned less than that) Whether is worth the time and agrivation of filing anew claim for support, is one only you and yrou attorney can make.

If you do not already have an order for support, that tis another determination. There is not enough opportunity for you to supply sufficient facts and documents here to advise you as to that. You will need to confer in perosn with an attorney in yrou area. Many offer a free or low cost initial consultation. Take all your documents and be available to answer follow-up questions.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/09/11, 2:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri