Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

I am currently writing a book about a boy with two (gay) dads, but his biological mother has custodial rights. I was wondering if there was a way for his dad's partner to obtain guardianship of the boy in the case of his biological father's death, or if his mother would be the automatic caretaker of him.

Asked on 9/15/13, 1:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Unless she has already been adjudged unfit, the mother would retain custody of the child. His father's boyfriend would be behind all four grandparents, aunts and uncles.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/13, 8:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri