Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Missouri

I have a judgment in Missouri dated in 2000. Chapter 516, section 530 says that a judgment in Missouri is satisfied after 10 years, or that the statute of limitations is 10 years. My drivers license is suspended until I pay. How do I petition to have the judgment satisfied?

Asked on 4/10/14, 11:15 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sean Santoro Santoro Law Office

RSMO 516.350 may give you a defense and a grounds for claim. You would first have to file a motion (naming as respondent the original creditor) to vacate the judgment in the circuit court where rendered. Then you would have to file a petition in circuit court naming as respondent the Dept of Revenue/officer of the state involved in the suspension and requesting the suspension be lifted. Even then you may be subject to other statutory limitations and procedures depending on your record. Feel free to contact me if you have additional questions, and good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/10/14, 4:31 pm
Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

Has the judgment been received? If so, it is still valid. I cannot offer infoormed advice without seeing a copy of the judgment,

Read more
Answered on 4/16/14, 7:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Missouri