Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Missouri

Property Damage-Contractor Negligence

I recently hired a contractor to do some foundation repair on the front porch of my home. In the process of the repair they caused the entire front porch to collapse. It is going to cost around $60,000.00 to repair. I have filed a claim with my homeowners insurance but they are not going to cover the entire cost to rebuild the porch. What recourse do I have? I have been waiting 4 months for my insurance to get the claim figure out.

Asked on 9/24/03, 5:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Property Damage-Contractor Negligence

If you can prove that the contractor negligently caused your porch to collapse, and if the contractor has sufficient insurance coverage or other assets upon which you could collect any judgment you might obtain, you could file a suit against the contractor. If you are located in the eastern part of the state and would like to have a free telephone consultation, you may call me at 314-727-2822.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/03, 9:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Missouri