Legal Question in Immigration Law in Missouri

Me and my wife arrived in us on family reunion permanent residence in 02 sept.2007 .Applied for 02 years re entry permit I -131 then left USA 21 oct.2007 to sort some family issues.

Arrived in USA on 23rd Aug.2009 . Since then We are living in USA and we have three visit abroad but no one is more than 6 months.

Physical stay up to date is more than 30 months

Continuous stay on 23 rd Aug.2013. 04 years 01 day

Our question is when we are eligible to apply for us citizenship and also do we qualify under 04 years 01 day continuous stay criteria

Sajjad Joplin MO usa ph.417 439 3131

Asked on 4/09/13, 10:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You can apply for U.S. citizenship once you've been a legal permanent resident for 5 yrs.

You must have been living in the U.S. for at least 2 1/2 yrs out of the past 5 yrs.

You will need to add up all your visits abroad for the past five years (April 2008 through April 2013) & make sure they do not total more than 912 days.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/13, 11:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Missouri