Legal Question in Insurance Law in Missouri

hi my name is Mary and I am 35 I was in a car wreck March 17th my father was driving who is insurance coverage only covers 25000 medical coverage I just found out by an MRI yesterday I'm going to need surgery on my left shoulder what happens if my medical goes over 25 what the insurance cover it or do I have to go after my dad because I am not willing to do that

Asked on 4/12/13, 5:24 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You may be able to pursue the other driver(s) depending upon the facts. You should definitely consult with an attorney. If you do not have an attorney, you may contact me for a free telephone consultation.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/13, 4:52 pm

Michael Harvath Harvath Law Offices-INJURY case representation

Hi. I am a Missouri attorney in your area that works on cases involving injuries from auto accidents and I deal with insurance companies on a daily basis. We work to make sure that injured people get full compensation for all medical expenses, so they are not stuck paying for these costs out of their own pockets.

It is unlikely that you will have to go after your father, as you stated, to get compensation. There are often other avenues of recovery and reimbursement. You should also know that you may be entitled to additional compensation beyond just the cost of the surgery.

There is not quite enough information in your question to provide an answer as to what your options are and how to proceed with this. For example, it would be important to know-Do you have your own insurance policy? Would the accident be considered the fault of your father, or some other driver? If there was another vehicle involved, does that driver have insurance? Do you know what the overall policy limits of your father's insurance are (not just the medical coverage portion)? Also, the facts of how the accident occurred are super important.

You shouldn't delay in getting assistance because the correct insurance companies need to be put on notice of the accident in a timely manner.

Your options for getting compensation depend on the facts of how the accident occurred and what insurance policies are at play here.

For your convenience, I can be reached via e-mail at [email protected], or by phone weekdays or weekends.

Our website is: Thanks.

Note: This answer is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice. The use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship or privilege between the user and the attorney responding.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/13, 11:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Missouri