Legal Question in Employment Law in Missouri

Slip and Fall accident


I have had a Slip and fall accident while working at my previous Job. I still have back problems since the accident.. A medical report has been filed. I'm still trying to find what steps i need to take in order to get my back problem checked out and not billed for it. I still get the run around and its been a year.. Is their a time limit in whitch a clame must be filed? and what would you suggest me doing if i dont hear back from them.. Thanks a bunch.

Asked on 9/22/04, 6:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Spencer Farris The S.E. Farris Law Firm

Re: Slip and Fall accident

You only have two years to file a workers' compensation claim- this is different than giving notice of the injury or a medical report. Once a claim has been filed, your attorney can force the employer to give you the treatment you need without you being billed for it, and you should get a portion of your wages while you are recovering from your injury, even if you have changed jobs.

If it has been this long, your employer or its insurer has shown you that they have no interest in getting you treatment. You should hire an experienced trial lawyer immediately.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/04, 9:59 pm

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: Slip and Fall accident

This information you got from Spencer Farris is correct. You have a limited time in which to act, your employer is not going to suddenly take care of your problem(s) without you first getting someone to advocate for you.

If you are near the Kansas City area, I would be willing to discuss this matter with you. If so, please send me an email. Even if you do not want to use me, do not delay in getting assistance elsewhere.

If you wait, your claim will become harder to prove,and may become impossible. That is from the legal standpoint. However, your health is even more important. If you continue to suffer from this injury, you need to be under treatment by a competent care provider. If you can't afford to do this with your own money, than your work comp claim is even more critical.

Good Luck,

Tony Smith

Read more
Answered on 9/28/04, 12:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Missouri