Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Missouri

Medical Malpractice

I'm sorry - but I believe I may have been misunderstood. I am wondering how you find competent medical help with a medical malpractice situation. I do believe this doctor was ''negligent,'' but regardless of that, my only concern is that I get accurate, honest information about my injury. I am not convinced that my injury is ''permanent'' because the most I have heard from my treating doctors is that they don't want to get involved or that I have symptoms of thyroid disease, or that my injuries are ''insignificant,'' etc. I have a damaged inferior oblique eye muscle and wear sunglasses with the peripheral vision blocked to be able to work and function daily. I see double images (diplopia) any time I move my eyes, am on pain meds daily for headaches and dizziness, can only read or stitch with one eye covered and for very short periods and don't drive at all at night. I could go on and on. My injury is not ''insignificant'' but these doctors are friends with the initial doctor which is very disconcerting. They state he is a good doctor repeatedly in my presence. I need adequate medical care and it seems impossible because everyone wants to cover it up. I just need to find a doctor to help me. How can I find an unbiased doctor? Please.

Asked on 10/31/07, 9:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony DeWitt Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC

Re: Medical Malpractice

Your best bet is to go to a doctor in a different city and have them do a complete evaluation. IF the "why" is not important, don't ask. Just ask the doctor to tell you what it will take to fix the problem. Then get it fixed.

Doctors often comment on the work of other physicians in a negative way, but when asked by a lawyer if that means the other doc was negligent most say "why, of course not."

There is a book called Best Doctors in America. I would recommend getting that book and finding a doctor from that source to review your situation.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/07, 9:48 am

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: Medical Malpractice

I sympathize with you. However, you do not present us with a legal question.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/07, 11:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Missouri