Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Missouri


I was named on a web site as being found negligent in a medical law suit. This is not correct, no negligance was found and the suit was settled out of court.

Asked on 1/21/09, 1:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony DeWitt Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC

Re: slander?

In order to sue for slander you must suffer damages. You do not indicate that you have suffered damages. Has this caused you economic harm. Has it cost you business or clients? Can this be documented? Can you show a significant impact from the false statements? If you can, then it is probably worth contactig an attorney. If not, it likely is not worth it.

You should consider sending a certified letter to the web site operated advising them of the false statement and demanding that they fix it.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/09, 2:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Missouri