Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

Ok so I was in a car accident in Kansas and the driver that hit me only had a 50,000 dollar policy I accepted it with permission from my insurance company. I do recall the adjuster from my insurance advising me that she converted my mo policy to a ks policy so I had pip coverage. However I am going after my underinsured policy and the adjuster is telling me because I have a ks policy my underinsured policy is canceled out because policy limits are the same at 50,000 I have never lived in ks and the adjuster converted my policy from mo to ks on her own behalf. I know that is not legal for her to convert my policy like that. How do I handle this now?

Asked on 2/02/12, 5:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mandy Shell Law Office of Mandy M. Shell, LLC

A very thorough review of your insurance policy is needed. Even if it is interpreted under Missouri law the adjuster might be right, it's a very tough issue and depends a lot on the policy language. If you will obtain a copy of your declarations page and policy from the adjuster I would be happy to take a look at it for you. If I am unable to find a way to get the coverage then you will not be responsible for any attorney's fees. Feel free to give me a call.

Mandy Shell

(816) 399-5030

Read more
Answered on 2/02/12, 5:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri