Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

My husband was injured

Recently, my husband was arrested. On the way to the Miller County jail, the officer driving the car, hit a deer. My husband was not in a seat belt, but was handcuffed behind his back. When the impact occured, he flew forward, hitting his head on what seperates the front from the back. He had a large knot on his head. However, when he arrived at the jail, they did not have him checked for any injuries. He is now suffering from a stiff neck and headaches. Is there anything we can do legally about this?

Asked on 5/09/08, 5:24 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Manning James Manning, PC

Re: My husband was injured

You may be able to file a claim for damages. I would highly recommend that you contact an experienced personal injury attorney to determine whether you have a personal injury claim. It sounds like your husband may have a claim against the driver of the vehicle, the driver's employer and/or the insurance carrier. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss further.


Please be advised that no attorney client relationship exists between us unless or until we have both executed a written representation agreement.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/08, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri