Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

My husband was involved in a small car accident in which he was at fault. He has gone to court and was ordered to pay the other drivers deductible because the damage done to her vehicle was not that severe. She was able to drive home and nobody was injured. He is now receiving letters from the other driverís attorney demanding he pay for damages and injuries. An amount that is greater than ten thousand dollars. My question is what should we do?

Asked on 4/17/12, 8:45 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

M. Scott Montgomery the montgomery law firm llc

Send the letters to your insurance company immediately. They will handle everything, including providing a lawyer at their cost. This is why you purchase insurance.

Hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/12, 8:59 am

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You say that your husband "went to court", but you don't tell us whether he went to court because he received a ticket or because the other driver sued him. I'm guessing that it was the former. But, if the other driver sued him the Judgment may provide your husband with a "res judicata" argument. Still, the above advice is good advice if your husband had liability insurance. If not, your husband should hire an attorney to assist him.

Read more
Answered on 4/17/12, 7:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri