Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

My husband was in a MVA about a month ago, the person that hit him did not have insurance. She was on the job delivering newspaper for the Springfield newsleader. When we contacted the newsleader they told us that those people are self-contracted and they just have to show proof of insurance at the time they sign the contract, but they can't do anything about it if that person lets it lapse? My question is, even if they are self-contracted, wouldn't there be some way that the news leader would still have some responsibility?

Asked on 8/23/12, 7:44 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Terry Tolbert Tolbert Beadle LLC

It is difficult to address all of your questions via this post. Depending on the arrangements with the other driver and the Newsleader; however, you do appear to have a claim for your injuries. I would be glad to discuss it with you further. You can reach our office at 417-887-3010.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/12, 7:50 am

Richard Stevens The Stevens Law Firm

it is possible that the news leader is not liable however i would need to have more facts concerning the relationship between the driver and the paper to provide an informed opinion. you may call 889-4400 if you wish to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/12, 8:45 am
Anthony Smith LawSmith

You should address your damages with your insurer too. You may be covered. If the other driver was cited for the accident, your husband should ask the prosecutor to make restitution a condition of any plea deal.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 8/23/12, 1:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri