Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

We have new neighbors whose boys have already started climbing our privacy fence and have noticed our pool. What can be done to minimize our legal responsibility if these kids climb over the fence and injure themselves on our property (or worst case drown in our pool)?

Asked on 11/30/09, 11:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

If I were you I would put the neighbors on notice as politely as possible. A written note might be a good idea with you keeping a copy to be able to show at a later date if ever needed. Also, you might put up signs "NO Trespassing!". Finally, you should check with your local authorities (City and County) to see if there is any ordinance requiring a separate fence around the pool, and then be sure to comply with that statute. I hope that my input has been helpful, and Ihope that nothing tragic comes to pass.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/09, 6:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri