Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

Problem with a Family Member

I need to know if it is possible to

Garnish someone's wages without

going to court.

I have a Nephew & his wife that

asked me to live with them so that

they could take me places with them,

I am Disabled & don't get out much.

While I was there they wanted a

new car so talked me into letting

them use my Van for a down

payment & then when they get their

Income Tax back they would get me

another one. That was 10-11 mths.

ago, they since kicked me out of their

home cause I asked for a car & I

have been in my own place now for 4

mth. with no vehicle & noway to get

anywhere except once or maybe

twice a month when My Sister comes

to take me to the store.

I have text him quite a few times &

he won't respond to me. He told me

he would get me a car after I was

kicked out & He told My Sister that

he would get me a car.

I need to know if there is anything I

can do without taking him to Court,

he is my Sister's Son. They also have

lots of my things still that they won't

return to me.

Please email me, I can respond


Thank You for your time.

--name removed--

Asked on 10/27/08, 3:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: Problem with a Family Member

It sounds like you will have to file suit to get your things back, a nd for reimbursement of the value of your van.vHowever, you may be able to hire an attorney to write a letter to your nephew demading the return of your stuff.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/08, 1:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri