Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

We were rearended in a car accident. Not our fault. We have med pay is the other parties insurance also responsible for medical bills

Asked on 1/25/12, 5:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy Price Timothy P. Price, PC

Yes, the insurance company for the person that rearended you would potentially be responsible for your damages. It is nice that you have med pay under your policy. That is something that can assist you in receiving proper medical treatment. Using your med pay also should not increase your insurance premium especially since the accident was apparently not your fault. You should consider hiring an attorney to assist you with your claim against the driver that rearended you. A lawyer can help you maximize your recovery. I give free consultations and represent most clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning that if I can't help you get paid, I don't get paid and you owe me nothing. Feel free to give me a call. I can be reached at 816-380-3331. If I am tied up with other clients when you call, just leave me a message and I will promptly return your call. -Tim

Read more
Answered on 1/25/12, 6:44 pm

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

The previous response is accurate. I would strongly encourage you to consult with an attorney. Depending upon how seriously you were injured, and the amount of your medical bills, it is very likely that you will receive more compensation even after paying an attorney's contingency fee than you would receive from the other driver's inurace company if you handle this without your own attorney. If you are located in the Eastern part of the state and are not already represented, you should feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 1/25/12, 8:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri