Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

I recently began showing symptoms of HPV so i went to the doctor and he confirmed that i indeed had HPV. The only person i've had sex with in the past 9 months is a girl who claimed to be a virgin. I was wondering if i had a valid case on my hands if i were to sue her for future pain and suffering of not being able to have a relationship.

Asked on 7/12/10, 5:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It is impossible to give a detailed and complete answer to the question you proposed in this limited space. But, if they woman in question knowingly infected you (She had to know she had HPV) then you may sue her. The case may not have much merit, as HPV may remin in the body much longer than 9 mos, before a layman will recognize the signs. If you have an HPV screening that shwo you were negative jsut before fornicating with the woman in question, the case may be stronger. It also unclear how HPV prevents having a "relationship" in the future.

If you want to further expore the possbility and probable outcome of a suit, you shoudl take all medical records to an attorney in your area. Many attorneys offer a low cost initial consultation.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/14/10, 11:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri