Legal Question in Personal Injury in Missouri

Sued for a 3 year old car accident

I was in an accident 3.5 years ago, I ran into the rear-end of a car with three occupants. I was given a ticket for following too close. The officer at the scene asked if the occupants wanted an ambulance, but they refused treatment. Now I am being sued for all medical expenses and anguish suffered from that date, past, present and future. Can they do this if they refuse treatment? My passenger, and I witnessed that they had no appearent injuries following the accident.

Asked on 10/29/05, 6:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: Sued for a 3 year old car accident

Often rear-end accidents cause the type of injury that does not appear until several hours or a day later. In Missouri, the injured party must bring their case within five years of the accident (with a few exceptions. Your liability insurer will provide an attorney for your defense. Give them a copy of the Petition and Summons that were served upon you.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 10/31/05, 11:22 am

Richard Stevens The Stevens Law Firm

Re: Sued for a 3 year old car accident

the answer from mr. smith is correct .call your insuror. if not insured ,call an attorney for representation.

Read more
Answered on 10/31/05, 5:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Missouri