Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Missouri

I have inherited a home from my parents (both deceased). My older brother and I are both on the house. My brother moved in the house and has been there for over a year and refuses to move out. We are curious can we charge him rent? How do we get him out - can we do this legally?

Asked on 4/22/10, 3:05 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Keenan Post Post Warren Lindstrom, LLP

You can file a partition action in a court in the county where the real estate is located to force a sale of the real estate. Hopefully he is paying the taxes and insurance. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/10, 5:01 am
Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You can't force him out or collect rent if he owns the property, You might be able to suceed with a Suit in Partition as suggested above. Hire an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/10, 8:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Missouri