Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Missouri

sexual crime

if a guy rapes another man can i file a lawsuit even after the cops dropped the case if the crime was actually committed

Asked on 7/14/08, 11:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Manning James Manning, PC

Re: sexual crime

The fact that the criminal charges were dropped is not fatal to a potential civil suit. For example, O.J. Simpson was found not guilty of killing Nicole Brown and Ronald Goldman in criminal court but was later sued by the families and found guilty in civil court. This may be a situation that you should talk to an attorney about, especially if you have incurred significant damages and/or will incur damages in the future. Please don't hesitate to call me if you would like to discuss.

- James

The choice of a lawyer is an important choice and should not be based solely upon advertisement. No attorney client relationship exists between us unles or until I agree to represent you in writing.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/08, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Missouri