Legal Question in Tax Law in Missouri

I owe back taxes in Missouri but I now live and work and go to school in Oklahoma. Can Missouri garnish my wages here in Oklahoma?

Asked on 7/08/13, 1:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Prugh Retired from Polsinelli PC

Missouri can try to collect back taxes if they know where to find you. Generally, they get this informaton from the IRS or other sources that may show a current address. It is advisable to try to work out a payment plan with Missouri if possible so this liability does not come up in the future when it may be more difficult to resolve.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 1:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Missouri