Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

My Back Injury Was Put On Hold

Ive worked for a company for 3 years and have injured my back 3 times. The first 2 times i was sent to the company chiropractor who did xrays and pretty much sent me back to work with a little therapy. The 3rd time i refused and went to the ER. They said it was a strained muscle in my back.Finally the pain was so great after the 3rd time i was released to go to work that i told upper mgmt. that i was in pain and needed medical attention. I was ignored and it got so bad that i had to go to the doctor on my own. I ended up call the old work comp claims rep and told her what was happening because noone would see me anymore cause it was work comp related. Finally i got to a real doctor who also thought it was a muscle but did an MRI and found a herniated disc. Now ive had surgery and am still in great pain. what can i do if anything considering i was denied medical treatment for 4 months and i am having problems with my back still?

Asked on 8/23/04, 12:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: My Back Injury Was Put On Hold

From your post, it is clear that you need to be represented by legal counsel. You are entitled to ceraint things under the law and it appears that you employer is not complying with the law. Please contact an attorney directly to discuss your case. If you do not know a good attorney to contact please feel free to call me at 314-727-2822 and I will refer you to one of the best!

Read more
Answered on 8/23/04, 11:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri