Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

injured at work 8 mos ago..wk comp dr offered surgery to repair injury...6wks later I was given a rating with the statement that I did not want the surgery..A what and of corse ttd payments not returning my all of this normal or do I need a new lawyer..can I persue claim against the wkcop insurance for the false statement and for the disaster they have caused to my spouse and my finances?

Asked on 11/14/11, 10:45 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

M. Scott Montgomery the montgomery law firm llc

You need to get your own rating from a doctor of your choosing and obtain a settlement for permanent disability. Normally your attorney would advance the cost of this rating.

A work comp judge can force the insurance company to pay for the surgery if it is medically necessary.

Please call toll free to 877-444-1005 if you would like to discuss your case further at no charge.

Read more
Answered on 11/14/11, 11:49 am

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

As I understand it, you have an attorney representing you. So, the first thing you should do if that attorney will not communicate with you is to terminate that relationship in writing. Then, you should consult with another worker's compensation attorney. I can refer you to one of the best in the state. If you terminate the relationship with your current attorney you can contact me for a referral.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/11, 7:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri