Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

In july i factured my tibia and fibula bones in my left knee at work. got paid workmans comp. this happened in missouri. for it but my last day that i went to THE KNEE SPECIALIST THEY WANTED ME TO SEE he released me. the office for the doc. is over two hours away from where i live so i was off work all day for the doctor visit. the workmans comp. guy that i was dealin with said that i dont get paid for my work time missed for going to the doctor for this. i have since been released but still havent recieved a check for the day that i missed for the doctors visit. should i get paided for this or not and what do i do with my milage for the three trips i went there. akd if you may know some guys out at work tell me that i will recieve a settlement for this. i didnt have any operation of any kind just had time of and a pain ffrom it. i still have a little pain when coming up froma kneeling stance but if that or operation, i will take the pain.

thank you


Asked on 1/03/11, 4:14 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

You need to speak with, and probably hire, an attorney who specializes in Worker's Compensation. You will not have to pay the attorney any attorney's fees out of your pocket, and an attorney will make sure that you receive more compensation even after attorney's fees are deducted than you would receive if you do not use an attorney. I work with one of the very best worker's compensation attorneys in the State of Missouri, and I would very strongly suggest that you call me so that I can give you his contact information. He will not charge you for the initial consultation. Even if you decide not to use the attorney you will greatly benefit from learning all you can in the initail consultation with the attorney.

Read more
Answered on 1/08/11, 1:27 pm

Richard Stevens The Stevens Law Firm

i can answer your questions however to do so by this method would be difficult. give me a call if you wish 417-889-4400 richard stevens

Read more
Answered on 1/08/11, 3:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri