Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

What kind of action can i take?

I have work related stress. I been to the doctor she says that it is from work. I am a 24 year old male I dont smoke, drink and I exercise. I have no history of heart related problems in my family. I have chest pains, short of breath, blacking out, numbness in my left arm, headaches,and stomache cramping. The doctor said i am risking heart problems and other health problems cuase of this stress. So she put me on a genaric brand of volume. I asked to be move to a different area and a different shift,but they basicly told me i have to stay untill my year is up. What can i do? What kind of actoin can I take? I need some profesional advice PLEASE.

Asked on 5/01/04, 4:49 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Perez Law Office of Michael A. Perez

Re: What kind of action can i take?

I do not think you have any recourse for a heart attack that has not happened yet. If the doctor will state in writing that the current treatment is work related they are onthe hook for your medical bills. But short of that I cannot recommend any action at this time.


(773) 772-8989

Read more
Answered on 5/01/04, 3:09 pm
Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

Re: What kind of action can i take?

In some cases "work related stress" may be compensible under the Worker's Compensation laws. but your post does not include enough information really to provide you with more specific advice. As you may know, the Act requires the employer to provide you with medical treatment in compensable cases. The Act may also require the employer's insuror to pay you some compensation for time lost due to the compensible injury or condition. Finally, the Act may provide for a lump sum settlement based on permanent partial disability if appropriate. Also, in certiain cases it may be appropriate for the employer to move you to a less stresssful position if one is available. Please feel free to call me for a free telephone consultation at 314-727-2822. If I can't help you personally, I will refer you to a friend of mine who I believe is the top worker's compensation attorney in the state of Missouri.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/04, 6:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri