Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

Not sure if this question got posted earlier. I had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists. The processing plant I work for denied my claim. My own health insurance I pay for through the company I work for, paid for my surgeries. Is it a Missouri law that I reimburse my healthcare provider out of my settlement ? Thank you !

Asked on 5/17/16, 7:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If your medical bills were related to the claim that was eventually paid, you might have to pay your health care provider. (If they pick the doctor, they'll probably pay them directly.) Hopefully your attorney exained that choosing your own provider, means you pay then, and therefore take that into consideration if any settlement agreement. If you didn't have an attorney, you may learn an expensive lesson. The doctor gets paid for their competent services.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/18/16, 5:33 am
Mel Franke Mel G. Franke, Attorney at Law

I don't know without doing extensive research on subrogationes the Workers' Compensation law. Meet with an attorney experienced in insurance law.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/16, 11:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri