Legal Question in Workers Comp in Missouri

work comp, ankle fracture

I fell at work 1/2/13 fracturing my left ankle. I had surgery 1/14/13. I am back at work and attending PT 3 times per week. I am a nurse and am teaching at my facility. However, that doesn't get my 40 hours. So, I am also working as a staff nurse. I am within the restrictions from my physician, but am in constant moderate to severe pain. What is my recourse, if any?

Asked on 5/02/13, 10:08 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

M. Scott Montgomery the montgomery law firm llc

You should file a workers compensation claim, if you have not already. You are entitled by law to treatment for your pain, to temporary disability benefits, and perhaps a lump sum award for permanent partial disability.

I'd be happy to advise further at no charge.

[email protected]


toll free - 877-444-1005

Read more
Answered on 5/02/13, 11:06 am

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

I strongly advise you to consult with an attorney who handles worker's compensation regularly. I am "of counsel" to one of the very best in the State, and we will be happy to offer you a free consultation. Also, all attorney's fees will come out of the final settlement or recovery, so you will not have any "out of pocket" expense. You will not get everything you are entitled to unless you have a good lawyer. Please feel free to contact me directly for a consultation.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/13, 3:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Missouri