Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Montana

Need Montana attorney for claim against builder


I have a signed contract from a

builder stating that he would

complete work on my property by

March 15, 2007. In the end, work

was not completed until November

2, 2007 - a delay of about 225 days.

The contract states that the builder

will pay ''Liquidated damages in the

amount of $600 per day, if not

delivered by March 15, 2007.''

This $600 is divided over the

contract for 6 townhomes, making it

$100 per day per townhome.

Accordingly, the builder should owe

me around $22,500 for the late


I think this is a clearcut case, and

need an attorney that will take this

on on a contingency basis for the

usual rate (25%) as I do not have

money for a retainer right now.

I later had to surrender the property

to the bank as a deed in lieu of

foreclosure, but that shouldn't

matter, as I was the owner of the

property when this late delivery


Can anyone help? The property is in

Whitefish, MT.

Asked on 3/13/08, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mitchell Roth MW Roth, Professional Law Corporation

Re: Need Montana attorney for claim against builder

Contact the Montana Bar Association and see if they have an attorney referral service.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/08, 1:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Montana