Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nebraska


This is a bit more complex that written here, but, my children received dental care...bills were being paid through ex husband's insurance, and then remainder on my insurance. I assumed everything was fine because I heard nothing from dental office except reminders of kids being due for cleanings/checkups. Suddenly, bill collectors were calling me demanding payments. That was over a year ago. Now (after many harassing phone calls,etc) I received summons. I did research and insurance company (from what I can understand) denied a couple of claims because of them being turned in too late, wrong xray turned in, things like that. I am wondering if I have a chance to fight this if I hired a lawyer. This has caused me so much stress, and there was no communication before it was sent to collection.

Asked on 9/08/06, 7:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Re: Summons

If the charges are wrong, YOU may have a case against collection agency for violation of Federal Debt Collection Practices Act.

Call or e=mail for further assistance.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/06, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nebraska