Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nebraska

I won my court case against an apartment complex for my security deposit and filed a writ of execution but the sheriff is stating they cant make them pay. What would be my next course of action to try and retrieve my judgement that the court has awarded me

Asked on 1/31/13, 9:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matt Jenkins DeMars, Gordon, Olson, Zalewski and Wynner

You should be able to get the sheriff to seize property owned by the complex with the appropriate writ. Perhaps the sheriff meant they didn't have anything that could be sold. Alternatively, if you know what bank they use, you can serve their bank with a writ of garnishment to take the necessary funds from their account.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/13, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nebraska