Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nebraska

if I won a court case against my apartment complex for my security deposit but they still wont pay me how do i proceed in nebraska

Asked on 12/06/12, 11:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matt Jenkins DeMars, Gordon, Olson, Zalewski and Wynner

Getting the judgment is usually easier than collecting on it. Since you are collecting on a company instead of an individual, you will want to obtain a writ of execution under Nebraska Revised Statute section 25-1516 (review that section for details). Basically you are directing the Sheriff to show up at the offices of your apartment complex and cease any property worth selling. The property will then be sold at auction with the proceeds going to you(after the costs incurred by the Sheriff).

There are other options, such as writs of garnishment, but I think those would be trickier to successfully execute against the apartment complex.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/12, 12:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nebraska