Legal Question in Criminal Law in Nebraska

My brother was arrested in Nebraska on felony possession with intent to distribute. He lives in Ohio. He was granted a 75000$ bail. If I bail him out he would still have to remain in Nebraska. Now he has no family or friends or resources in Nebraska. Is it possible to get it transfered to Ohio or fulfill his probation obligations from Ohio?

Asked on 8/21/14, 4:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

If you posted bond, he would need to remain in Nebraska unless/until he gets permission from the court to return to Ohio through a bond modification. If he received permission, he would have to appear here in Nebraska for each subsequent hearing; there could be several hearings depending on whether a plea agreement is reached or he goes to trial. If he is convicted and sentenced to probation, he can apply through his probation officer to have his probation transferred to Ohio. Not guaranteed, but pretty likely that would happen.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/14, 8:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Nebraska