Legal Question in Criminal Law in Nebraska

i had a vehicle given to me as partial payment for a debt owed and have a written contract for possession, can i take possession of the vehicle?

Asked on 4/03/13, 1:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Probably not, without clear title to the vehicle. The person who signed the contract with you can only obligate whatever portion of the vehicle they own. If there is another owner on the title, a lien against the title by a lender, or the person who signed the contract isn't on the title at all; you would have a problem.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/13, 3:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Nebraska