Legal Question in Elder Law in Nebraska


my mother died and turned her home over to me, what are the

steps in getting that home in my

name if there wasnt a will, or anything in writing

Asked on 9/26/07, 8:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Michael McClellan Gast & McClellan

Re: death

If you are an only child, the steps to have the house titled in your name should not be too problematic. If she added you to the deed prior to death, it will be even easier . . .

Read more
Answered on 9/27/07, 6:26 pm
Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: death

How did she turn the home over to you? If there is nothing in writing, how can you prove to the court she left the home to you? Did she have any other assets? Did she have a spouse or other children? Have the estate and inheritance taxes been paid? Did she owe any money to anyone? How was her funeral paid for? Depending on the answers to those questions, you will probably need to hire an attorney to handle the probate process for you.

Read more
Answered on 9/26/07, 9:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Nebraska