Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Nebraska

When typing quoted material, what term is used to indicate that the typist is copying the quote as printed in the original even if it appears to be an error? And how is a mistake in the original text shown?

Asked on 6/12/13, 11:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matt Jenkins DeMars, Gordon, Olson, Zalewski and Wynner

(sic) would be typed next to the quoted word. Comes from a Latin abbreviation for "thus it was written", or so Wikipedia tells me.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/13, 2:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Nebraska