Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nebraska


An attorney told me last year that you could fill the paperwork out yourself without an attorney. If so where do you get the forms for this?

Asked on 4/18/08, 11:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Duke Drouillard Drouillard Law, LLC

Re: Eviction

Yes, anyone is free to represent themselves in any matter before the court. Having the freedom to do so, doesn't necessarily make that your best choice. The fact that you would need to ask where you might locate forms indicates that you may not be prepared to represent yourself. Most forms used in court proceedings are drafted by the attorney in a manner unique to the specific facts of your case. You might find generic forms on the internet or through retail stores like "We the people". The court may or may not accept those forms as being complete and properly prepared. Best choice is to use the law school library at Creighton University which is free and open to the public. They will offer you some direction, but you should be prepared to invest several hours researching how to prepare your case. They will not teach you how to prepare and present your case; but they may offer you a law school application if you find that you really enjoy that type of research.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/08, 1:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nebraska