Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Nebraska

Tenant Property

I am writing w/ regard to some property of mine that was left in my last residence because the new tenants were still undecided whether they were going to buy it. The property is a washer/dryer. There was continual communication w/ them (email, messages, etc.) w/ no response. Recently, they agreed to let us take it back and when we began to make arrangements they said they would not allow to take them out. Do I have any rights to this property? It was not abandoned since I needed to move out and it was uncertain whether they would buy it I left it w/ the intention of getting it back if indeed they decided against buying it. There was communication w/ them regarding this matter so in way should they have any impression it was merely left for them to have. I don't have the receipt to prove it is my property so is there anything I can do or are my hands basically tied???

Asked on 12/10/01, 10:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce Buckrop Bruce Buckrop

Re: Tenant Property

You could bring a replevin action to recover your property, or its value in the alternative in money damages

Read more
Answered on 12/11/01, 11:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Nebraska