Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska


Claim filed with court 1/6/03 ire to estate of dear friend of 30 years. Need payment for 2 checks she issued to me for cruise in 2001 apprx. $4,000.00. Need to know if and when I should expect to hear from her atty. or executor. Her daugter is the executor. I have called the estate atty. and he will not return my calls. What recourse do I have?


Asked on 4/12/03, 1:33 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Kelly-952-544-6356 Kelly Law Office

Re: Claims

Since you already filed your claim, there might not be much more you could do. I think, however, if I were you I might try taking the executor of the estate to conciliation court just to get her attention.

The first thing you should do is consult an attorney. Even if the consultation costs $200, it would be worth it with that size of a claim. For one thing, there are over half a dozen different kinds of estate administration in MN; and which kind you are dealing with could make a difference.

Good luck.

This response is for general information purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/03, 4:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska