Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

Heirs to estates

My lifelong friend in a different city died in March 2009. In monthly phone conversations for the past five years, she said she was leaving me something from her trust. I have not been notified by her attorney or trustees that Ihave been named in the trust. How can I find out if I was in deed named in her trust?

Asked on 6/30/09, 6:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Monte Schatz Attorney at law

Re: Heirs to estates

If you are a "qualified beneficiary" of the trust as defined under Nebraska law you are entitled to a notice of your interest in the trust and a copy of the trust.

The practical best way to start is if you know the name of the attorney, to simply call their office and speak to him/her and ask him/her if you have an interest in the trust and to request a copy of the trust agreement if you do.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/09, 6:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska