Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

I have been named executor to a will. Can I appoint a person to act as my agent,to sign documents and other duties. The will is in Nebraska and I live in Ohio, Paul

Asked on 2/02/10, 5:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Monte Schatz Attorney at law


You can designate an agent to perform other duties. Most likely the court will require you to sign most court documents directly that are submitted to the court. You may wish to work with your local Nebraska legal counsel to assure that he/she is aware that you are designating an agent.

I don't know the size or complexity of the estate, but often trust departments of banks will serve as an agent for the personal representative/executor. Where is the estate being probated (what county?).

I run a trust divison. Although I am a licensed attorney, my full time job is managing a trust divison. If you are interested in discussing this further with no obligation you may contact me at Security National Bank in Omaha's trust division. 402-221-0120.

Monte Schatz

Read more
Answered on 2/07/10, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska