Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Nebraska

Signing of Legal Documents

When signing a legal document, in this case signing off on an ineritance deed, the name typed in under the line that I'm supposed to sign does not match my name. Do I go ahead and sign it with my own name even tho they don't match?

Here's an example of what I mean:

the document came with the name Cynthia Brown, but her birth certificate name is Cindy and Brown is her married name of which she didn't take, so her real signature is Cindy Smith. So how does Cindy Smith sign this legally when the space provided for her to sign has a name that doesn't match her actual name. Does she send it back and tell them to make the corrections or sign it anyway using her actual name?


Asked on 3/20/01, 10:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Howard Tracy The Legal Professional Corp. of H.E. Tracy

Re: Signing of Legal Documents

I suggest you send it back and have them make the corrections.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/01, 5:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Nebraska