Legal Question in Personal Injury in Nevada

How much can I expect for pain and suffering?

I live in Montana, but was visiting my kids in NV. I was in a aout accident, his fault, he was cited. My neck and back were jerked out of alinment. After 9 weeks off work, and 25 visits to two Dr.'s one a chropractor I was released to go back to work. What can I get for pain and suffering? His Ins. Co. has already agreeded to pay my medical costs, claim # given to Dr.'s, they will file.

Asked on 1/28/01, 8:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul Sherman Paul A. Sherman

Re: How much can I expect for pain and suffering?

No attorney can legitimately answer this question without seeing at the very least police reports, and medical bills and records.

The more time you spend with MD's and the less with chiropractors, the better your chances of recovery of more damages.

Some other questions that influence the outcome:

Where was the accident? Where in Nevada does the driver live? What is the duration of treatment?

Were MRI's done and what was the result? What is your prognosis? Do the X-rays reveal any evidence of trauma?

Finally, no attorney can legitimately forecast what you can expect. They can simply formulate the answers to these questions and determine what you should demand from the insurance company.

All this being said, you will do much better by having an attorney represent you. For more answers, please go to my webpage, and submit the further answers under the link "Ask Nevada Law Questions".

There is no cost or obligation.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/01, 11:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Nevada