Legal Question in Administrative Law in Nevada

My father (a retired police officer and gun permit holder in CA) left his bag in his hotel room in Laughlin. His retired officer badge, ID, gun permit, wallet, and glock 27 were in the bag. The hotel staff turned it over to local police who are now refusing to give my father back his property including the gun and say they will send it to Las Vegas where it may be held for as long as a few months. Is this legal?

Asked on 8/14/14, 1:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Smith James E. Smith Ltd.

This is routine procedure by the police in Clark County. Your father can file a motion in Justice Court in Laughlin for return of property or claim and delivery.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/14, 3:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Nevada