Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Nevada

i am in chapter 13 bankruptcy and in my 60th month of payments, but my lawyer went out of business earlier this year. What do i need to do to finalize my bankruptcy?

Asked on 12/10/15, 9:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

I wish I could tell you that you were seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. However, before your Chapter 13 can be completed, the Trustee has to audit your payments and the creditor claims and issue a final account and report. That could take nearly a year to complete, especially if you were repaying a mortgage delinquency as part of your Plan. Once the trustee has issued that final account and report, you will need to file a certificate of compliance, and serve it on all of your creditors along with a notice of the certificate. These forms are available on the court website and are most likely also on the trustee's website. You cannot file this certificate until the trustee files their final account and report with the court. 30 days after you file your certificate, you ought to receive your discharge, unless you have not completed and filed your 2nd bankruptcy class, called financial management. I urge you to go onto the court website to review the history of your case.

Read more
Answered on 12/11/15, 2:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Nevada